Sunday 26 September 2004

Xanga Post: Sunday, September 26, 2004

Well, it's been awhile since I've really posted anything because Jay and I have been spending some quiet time together. But he's back in work tomorrow so it's back to the normal...

I went to a wedding for one of Sue's friends yesterday and it was uncomfortable to say the least.

The priest asked for money twice during the ceremony (Why doesn't he just go ahead and ruin the most important day of her life by whoring out his church?) and mentioned a couple of other things that really raised my hackles. Namely 1. Only Christian marriages are real. Civil marriages like mine and Jay's aren't real and therefore won't last and 2. A Christian marriage isn't valid unless the woman wears a ring. Of course, the man doesn't have to. So... a woman has to wear a brand and say that she belongs to the man but the man can go gallivanting off doing whatever he likes without anyone knowing if he belongs to a woman? Humph.

And the whole thing was added to by a baby WAILING through the whole ceremony because the mother wasn't smart enough to take it out. At least churches have great acoustics so we could hear every whimper and whine. *sigh*

The food afterwards was good but we had to pay for our own booze which is not a British custom I enjoy.

The job hunt isn't going well.

Hobbycraft turned me down without saying why (I assume it's because I wanted three times the amount of hours they were prepared to offer) and the theatre hasn't called back. I'm taking matters into my own hands and calling them again (I tried a few days ago but the woman wasn't in.) tomorrow.

I have CVs out that apparently aren't catching anyone's eye and how am I suppose to survive the holidays without any money? Grr.

Other than that, everything's great. I'm loving the Autumn, as always and I'd kill for some cider and donuts. (Or cider donuts. Mmm...)

No comments:

Post a Comment