Tuesday 24 January 2006

Xanga Post: Tuesday, January 24, 2006

We had a fun and funky weekend.

Friday, Jay took me to the movies. We went to see Underworld: Evolution and I really enjoyed it. Jay didn't really think much of it but I thought it was better than the first one. Anywho...

Saturday, I had to work, which sucked. But I found this funny: I got in trouble for using "my angry voice." *insert confused look here* Apparently, I said exactly the RIGHT thing but used too angry a voice and got in trouble. Only me.

Sunday, Jay had to work but I had the day off. It would have been nice except my MIL was in a really grouchy mood and complained about everything that I did. Still, the laundry got done so it was a useful day. Lol. (It takes FOREVER to dry laundry when your dryer fuses the whole house and the clothes line blew down last week.)

Yesterday, we cancelled Club so I had the whole day to myself to sit around watching Paramount comedy. Yay. Then, Jay and I played a bunch of quizzes and watched the wrestling.

All in all, not a bad few days. I'm back in work now for the next SIX days in a row which blows majorly because Jay's managed to get most of the week off. But, the next convention is only a few weeks away so I need the overtime!

Crap... I'm late...

Update: 19.23

Okay, so I wanted to post a few opinions about things:

1. Supernatural just started yesterday. It's a mini series and one of the main stars is the guy who played Alec in Dark Angel. That alone made me watch it. Omg. The effects were fabulous and it really frightened me. Wish it was longer!

2. Vampire High. Jay made me watch this on the Horror Channel and I was glad that he did. It's no Buffy but it's fun to watch. It's about a group of teenage(ish) vampires who've been sent to this posh school to learn to NOT kill every human they meet to ensure the survival of their species. Cool idea. It reminds me vaguely of The Kindred.

3.  David Boreanaz slipped nicely into his new role on Bones. He's pretty much Angel without the fangs. I'm not really into the whole crime drama thing, though, so if it wasn't for Boreanaz, I wouldn't give Bones the time of day.

4. The Blooding. Just read this last week. It's about an American girl who comes to Britain to be an au pair. (Rushed to the dictionary.... Apparently an au pair is a teenage girl who travels abroad to babysit and receives free lodge and board in return. Who knew?) Not the best werewolf novel I've read but it was fun to read something from an American perspective in the UK.

5. Get Rich or Die Tryin'..... ZzZzZzZzZz. Honestly. It just didn't hold my attention at all. Sorry, 50.

6. Underworld: Evolution was great. As action packed as the first one with more of a plot, a few tears and some nookie. Can't beat that. Jay pointed out a few flaws that I missed but I still loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment