Friday 12 October 2012

Pumpkin Hat

You know I ♥ everything about Autumn and Samhain - especially pumpkins. I picked up some orange and green yarn the other day without really thinking about what I would use it for, only that I wanted to make something pumpkin-y.

So I did what I always do when I need inspiration: I started trawling pinterest. It didn't take long to find this pattern by Sarah over at nothing's creative anymore. Perfect!


It took less than a day from start to finish and the pattern is super easy to follow. The only thing that I needed to change was just to add a few rows because I have such a big head. (Also, I couldn't find a H hook so I settled for the closest I had, a J.)

Conversation with my husband during the making of the hat:

Me: Ask me what I'm making!
Husband: (wary) What are you making? 
Me: A hat! 
Husband: Mm.
Me: Ask me what KIND of hat.
Husband: Ok. What kind of hat are you making? 
Me: A PUMPKIN hat.
Husband: (eye roll) Why do I ask?
Me: :)

 
I used cheap Bonus D yarn in orange and green. I only bought one skein of each but I have so much left over that I'm making a matching scarf with it. If it works out, I'll definitely share!

No comments:

Post a Comment