Sunday 20 January 2013

A Song for Sunday: The Lumineers - Ho Hey

Something a bit different for you this Sunday: Ho Hey by The Lumineers.



The music video appealed to me before the song did.  What can I say? I'm a sucker for flashing lights. (Oooh... Bright...) Seriously, though, I like the rustic feel and I like that it doesn't try to do too much. No story, no gimmicks, just people. It was a nice change.

The song itself has a gentle, folksy kind of sound that really gets my foot tapping. My only complaint is that it isn't nearly long enough! I'm always just getting into it when it ends.

Funny... I've never heard of the band before. Don't know anything about them. I was surprised when I played the song for Jay and he told me that he knew both the song and the band. That doesn't happen often, I'll tell ya! (Unless the band was around in the eighties, of course!)

I'm going to have to rectify this and hunt down some more of their stuff. Let me know what you like, if you're a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment