Saturday 10 August 2013

A Day at the Pictures

Jay and I watched a new movie together called The Conjuring. I don't lie to you when I say that it was one of the scariest things I have ever watched.


It isn't that there's anything new about the movie; it relies on stock characters, plots, and frights but is timed so perfectly, with atmosphere so perfectly created that it becomes a whole new terror.

I think that the reason it works so well is that you know. You know what's going to happen, you're waiting for it. You know that window is in shot for a reason and you're just waiting for something to happen there. It's all about the tension in this film.

I can't recommend this movie highly enough. I'm sure Jay would too - when he stops laughing about the number of times that I jumped while watching it...

No comments:

Post a Comment