Wednesday 21 August 2013

Crafts and Crafting: Fall Leaf Cross Stitch

I'm the first person to admit that I'm not very good when it comes to cross stitch. It has to be a very small project because I have the attention span of a goldfish. It also doesn't help that I have a habit of miscounting and screwing up the pattern - which I normally notice fifty or sixty stitches down the line. *facepalm*

While I was going through some old magazines a couple of weeks ago, I came across this fall leaf cross stitch pattern:


It seemed like a small project and I was in the mood for a little autumn crafting so I dug out some supplies and got busy. OF COURSE I screwed it up very quickly. But I'm trying this whole embrace-your-imperfections thing and, even though it made me feel WAY OCD, I carried on, improvising as much as I could.


I'm not loving it 100% (because I know where every single mistake is - and there are plenty of them!) but it makes me happy that I actually finished a cross stitch project. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment