Wednesday 23 March 2016

WednesDIY: 1,000 Paper Cranes

Who remembers reading Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes as a child? It was one of those stories that both moved me and broke me. If you haven't already read it, I suggest you do it right away.


The star of her school’s running team, Sadako is lively and athletic…until the dizzy spells start. Then she must face the hardest race of her life—the race against time. Based on a true story, Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes celebrates the courage that makes one young woman a heroine in Japan. (More on Amazon.)

Basically, an old Japanese legend says that, if you fold 1,000 paper cranes, a crane will appear and grant you a wish. It's something I've always wanted to do so, back in December, I decided to check it off my bucket list

It didn't take me as long as I thought it would to finish and I had so much fun doing it. I even got one of my friends hooked on doing it. 

People kept asking what I planned on doing with them all and I had no answer - until a friend came up with this suggestion: 


Which is such a great idea! Another friend suggested sending them to different people so they can, you now, fly around the world. I love this concept and I'm definitely going to be doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment