Wednesday 9 October 2019

31 Days of Halloween: Best Horror Actors: John Carradine

Me: Today we'll be talking about John Carradine. What can you tell me about him?

Jay: I dunno. Never met him.

Me: Really?

Jay: Really.

Me: I swear to-

Jay: Okay, okay. John Carradine has a massive list of acting credits, going as far back as 1930.

Me: I was surprised by just how much John Carradine has done! He did a lot of different types of things, too (some quite awful.) Which of his horror films is your favourite?

Jay: It's hard to say. I mean, you've got The Howling, which is up there, and The Sentinel.

Me: And House of the Long Shadows.

Jay: And House of the Long Shadows.

Me: I love that one.

Jay: Well, when you've got John Carradine, Peter Cushing, Christohper Lee, and Vincent Price together in one movie, you can't go wrong. My favourite is probably The Monster Club, though.

Me: Great film. Very clever.

I honestly don't know a lot about John Carradine. What can you tell me?

Jay: Well, he was an artist. There's that. And you were about six when he died.

Me: So... you don't know a lot about him either?

Jay: Nope.

Me: Since neither of us know much about John Carradine, how did he make the cut?

Jay: It's the sheer volume of work he's done. With a career spanning over fifty years, John Carradine cemented his place as a horror icon.

Me: Agreed. Before we wrap things up here today, is there anything else you want to add?

Jay: Just that John Carradine is an underrated actor. People don't talk about him as much as they should.

Me: I guess we're good examples of that. We can't talk too much about that today - we have to start looking at tomorrow's selection. Back to work!

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see who our next Best Horror Actor will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment