Monday 8 March 2004

Xanga Post: Monday, March 08, 2004

I got a card today from Katie's mom. I opened it and my jaw hit the floor! She sent me $100 (About £50). What a life saver! We've been struggling so much this month to make ends meet. And now it looks like we'll make it to pay day. Thanks Mom McClain! 

Jay's mum and I went into Cardiff yesterday to go shopping. It was crazy because it was an international day. (Wales v. France in Rugby. Great game, btw.) I've never seen so much national pride! (Or so many berets! Lol.) It was just the friendliest thing I've ever seen.

And the drunkest! We went at 11 am (kick off wasn't until 3pm) and half the people were either drunk already or on their way! Lol. Anyway... shopping... It was great. We went to Debenhams to buy stuff for the kitchen. (Insurance, yay.) I think most everything has been replaced now. Now, if we can just keep from having any more fires...

Well, it's official: I'm now marrying Jason Scott Vanian instead of Jason Scott Davies. Jay changed his name last week. It must be a strange feeling to start the week as one person and end it as another.. We didn't even have to pay for it because someone at Sue's work did it for us free of charge. I think they've sort of taken us on as their pet project there. Lol.

Anway, Jay's friend Tam brought his sister over to meet us this weekend (she just came over from Turkey). It was the first time anyone's introduced me as Jay's fiancée. It was a huge warm, fuzzy feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment