Saturday 8 January 2011

Book Swapping

I've been checking out a few book swapping websites lately and finally decided to give one of them a go. I signed up with ReadItSwapIt because it's UK based.

ReadItSwapIt isn't the prettiest site to look at but it works simply enough. Once you've signed up, you can start listing books that you want to trade. Finding a book is easy: just search using title & author or ISBN. You can use the same search function to add books to your wishlist and when someone adds a book that you want, you recieve an email so you can contact that user to arrange a swap.

When someone asks to swap a book, (you get an email to tell you) you get a list of that person's available books. If you like the looks of any of them, just select "Swap with this book" and a swap is created.

There are no strict rules about postage, as far as I can see, but the site does reccomend that you ship within two days. I sent both my books first class which cost £2.24 each. My partners send second class so maybe I'll try that next time and see if I can save even more money.

Oh, yeah... Did I forget to mention the money?

I swapped for My Love Lies Bleeding and Tall, Dark & Hungry. If I bought both of them on amazon, it would have cost £9.03. I spent £4.48 on shipping which means I saved £4.55 - enough to buy a new book! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment