Monday 1 August 2011

Button Embroidery

Hello. My name is Wondra and I'm a pinterest addict.

As it turns out, that's actually a good thing. No, a GREAT thing.

Pinterest is pure graphic-intensive inspiration. Take, for instance, this pin which showcased DIY Spring Button Flowers from Freckled Nest:


I've been thinking about this project for weeks. I even went out and bought some kick ass ceramic buttons (I'm not going to mention the price - why make myself cry all over again?) to use. After a few weeks of being too damned busy to even stop and scratch my ass, (which, of course, I would never actually do, being a lady and all) I dug out those wicked buttons and got to work.


Sure, it's a bit wobbley but it makes me smile. :) And, I only stabbed myself with a needle once - which is pretty darn good for me!


And because it wouldn't be me if I didn't mention it... I was sewing these happy little flowers while watching IT. Yup, 'cause blood, gore and evil clowns just bring out the cuddley side of me. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! Pinterest is a great resource for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete