Tuesday 2 August 2011

July 2011 Reads

(My book bag, after my last trip to the library. Clearly, I should not be allowed to go unattended.)

The Books:
1. Entice (Need Book 3), Carrie Jones
2. My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers Book 3) Rachel Vincent
3. Preludes & Nocturnes (The Sandman Book 1), Neil Gaiman
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, JK Rowling
5. Dead Beautiful (Dead Beautiful Book 1), Yvonne Woon
6. The Awakening (Darkest Powers Book 2), Kelley Armstrong
7. The Goddess of Troy (Goddess Summoning Book 8), P.C. Cast

I didn't really read all that much at all last month. Of course, I did have some pretty huge distractions in the way of funeral planning, etc. Still, 7. :)

My favourite of the lot is obviously the HP one which I read just before I went to see the new movie. (As you should.) But Dead Beautiful came a close second. The premise of the book was really fresh and different and not anything I was expecting. It was the author's first novel and it looks like there's another one coming in the series, which I'm looking foward to.

Oh... By the way... These seven books bring me up to 60 for the year so far. Every year, I take part in The 50 Book Challenge on shelfari. Last year I read 67 books. My goal is 70 for this year so I'm almost there already.

No comments:

Post a Comment