Sunday 30 October 2011

Mini Pies

A friend was telling me this week how simple mini pies are to make. I was dubious about going anywhere near the oven 'cause, let's face it, I'm not the best baker in the world. But she swore that even I could make them so I gave it a try...

I have this adorable heart shaped sandwich press that I bought from Williams-Sonoma It was the first time I'd used it, even though I've had it for like a month now. Apparently, it makes really cute grilled cheese sandwiches too!)

I used pre-rolled sweet pastry and a jar of black cherry pie filling. (Like I said, I'm a lousy baker - why take any chances?) All I had to do was cut out the pieces, put a spoonful of filling in the middle, line the pieces up and press. Easy!


Then I baked them at 150C for about 45 minutes.


My friend was right - mini pies are so freaking easy to make and they're super yummy! What an easy mid-week dessert! I can't wait to try out other presses and fillings. (I don't know if I'd be brave enough to try making my own fillings though...)

No comments:

Post a Comment