Sunday 15 July 2012

And one night, with the inlaws...

The relationship that I have with my brother-in-law has never been one that could be described as "healthy." Or "friendly" for that matter. We have never really liked each other much or gotten along - which is just fine because we don't have to see each other much. But yesterday was the anniversary of my mother-in-law's death so we couldn't exactly avoid him - or come up with some excuse when he asked us to go out for a few drinks.

Was I thrilled? Not exactly. The plan was to have one drink and bail. But it didn't work out that way. After the first couple of drinks, I decided if my rich-ass-brother-in-law was buying, there was no reason I shouldn't have a few drinks.

Three hours later...

We had a good 45 minute drive home after all this - which, according to my husband, is not all that fun when a Wondra is sitting next to you expounding on why "buh" is the best sound in the English language. (And also making up songs with "buh" in them.) Also not good when you've thrown back six or seven rum & Cokes in under three hours and you need to visit Senor El Bano... Which lead to this conversation the morning after:

DH: "You peed in my car!"
Me: "Did I tell you that I needed the bathroom?"
DH: "Yes."
Me: "Did I ask you to stop at the services?"
DH: "Yes."
Me: "Did I ask you nicely?"
DH: "Yes."
Me: "Did you stop?"
DH: "No."
Me: "Then I peed in your car."

And who says alcohol makes you throw logic out the window? Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment