Monday 30 July 2012

The Ending That Should Have Been

It's a well known fact that my favourite movie of all time is Francis Ford Coppola's version of Bram Stoker's Dracula. My heart just melts when I watch it. (Incidently, my husband HATES the film.) BUT I can't watch it the whole way through. I stop it right when the men walk into the asylum, "saving" Mina. (Saving her, my ass...) We all need our little illusions in life and that one's mine. In Wondra's World, Dracula and Mina get to live happily ever after. (Forever and ever and ever, etc.)

I was watching Dracula one night last week, a little bit tipsy and a little bit sleepy, and I fell into this sort of half sleep/half daydream fantasy about the movie. The ending that played out for me that night was far, far better than the one I was suppose to be watching.

When I woke up, it was like someone had lit a fire under my ass (as my mom would say). I had a vision and I had to see it through. 24 manic hours of writing, three drafts, and two betas later, I had "my ending." And this is it:


And you know what? It makes my heart melt. :) 

I've decided to call it Part 1 because there are so many places for Dracula and Mina's story to go - and because I won't rest until Van Helsing and Harker die in horrible, horrible ways! 

I don't normally get a lot of comments for my writing on FanFiction.net (I've been told it's because my writing tends to be a strong "M" rating and does not appeal to the masses.) but I had the greatest comment from someone for TETSHBP1: 

"My favourite of all I have read about Dracula. I love the prince and Mina, they are soul matter, the perfect couple."

And that person goes on the list of people who deserve great big, sloppy kisses from Wondra! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Dracula. I cannot think of that movie without remembering the night we watched it for "homework."

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. And Mrs. Juel telling me off because we didn't bring anything for Fat Gram Friday?

    ReplyDelete