Sunday 24 February 2013

A Song for Sunday: Young Guns - Stitches

I want to share a British band with you today: Young Guns. I'm loving a lot of their stuff right now but the one that I've picked for A Song for Sunday is "Stitches," which came out a few years ago.


There are a few reasons I selected this song over all the others - first and foremost being that it's my favourite! I also ♥ this video big time because it's so darkly atmospheric. It captures the feelings of frustration and decay perfectly. I also picked this song because it has some of the best lyrics that I've heard in any song.

Well my wings were clipped and even if they weren't 
I've not the guts to fly and leave behind the earth  
There's no poetry in my soul 
Just a list of lies I've told  
And I don't know how much longer I can hold on

How's that for a chorus? Damn.  (And so ironically poetic!)

If you haven't give Young Guns a chance, do it. I don't know why they haven't struck it bigger than they are because they make great music. I suggest you start with "Bones" and "In the Night."

No comments:

Post a Comment