Tuesday 23 August 2016

My Favourite Things About the Fall

Fall is definitely my favourite time of the year. I'm sure I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I only really feel alive during the fall.

I'm totally an autumn baby.


It's hard to put into words exactly why fall seems to wake me up from the funk of spring and summer. What I'll do instead is give you a few of my favourite things about the fall.

Wondra's Favourite Things About the Fall:

1. The light changes. It becomes clearer, sharper, and golden. I hate hazy summer days that make me squint and give me headaches. Autumn sunlight is much kinder.

2. The hoodies come out. Since hoodies make up about 75% of my wardrobe, this is a good thing. 

3. Back-to-school. Even though I'm not in school or working for a school anymore, I still get a rush of excitement when fall comes around. I start to think about learning new things. I read more. Plus, back-to-school sales on stationary! An exciting time for writers, indeed!

4. The leaves change. It really is a ritual for me, checking the trees I pass during the fall. Will they change the time I see them? What will they look like in a week? It's an exercise in transformation.

5. Halloween. Or should I say "Birthdayoween"? This THE best thing about autumn - and I'm not just saying that because it's my birthday. Oh, the spooky fun!

I'd love to hear what your favourite things about the fall are. Drop a message in the comments box and share your favs!

No comments:

Post a Comment