Saturday 12 August 2017

Movie Review: Harvest Moon (2015)

Autumn is on the way and that means it's almost time for my annual Best Films for the Autumn list. As always, I'm on the hunt for new movies to add to my list. Will Harvest Moon be the one?

Er...

No.

But I did enjoy it.

Harvest Moon is about a spoiled little rich girl whose daddy goes bankrupt, leaving them with nothing but the pumpkin farm he'd purchased in her name. Jessy Schram's Jenny is spoiled, yes, but her go-getter attitude wins her fans at the farm, even though, at first, Jesse Hutch's Brett is determined to make her life hell until she gives up the idea she has of turning the farm's fortunes around for a profitable sale.


When I saw the Hallmark logo come up at the beginning of Harvest Moon, I admit I let out a little groan. The sugary-sweet sappiness of Hallmark movies are so not me. But, I'm a autumn baby at heart so I decided to give it a chance. I'm glad I did. It's just So. Darn. Cute.

Harvest Moon is a chocolate chip movie - no substance but a nice treat. It's all smiles and happy endings. Everyone loves everyone, no one gets screwed over, they all get exactly what they want.

If this shit was any sweeter, I'd need to be tested for diabetes.

But that's just me being my grumpy self. If you're the kind of girly girl Harvest Moon was made for, you'll love it. While I'm not sorry I watched it, I won't be hurrying to watch it again anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment