Thursday 7 June 2018

Guest Spot: Rachel's Family Fun Summer Playlist

I'm excited about today's guest spot for two reasons. One, it's family-friendly post, which (let's face it) you don't get a lot of around here. And two, it just happens to be from  one of my favourite families ever. I'm going to hand the rest of the post over to Rachel and let her explain her Family Fun Summer Playlist now.


It's summertime and that means the kids are home from school on break. If you're anything like me, you cringe at the thought of blasting kid songs in your car all summer long. Here is a list of fun grown-up songs my kids love that I like too (in alphabetical order by song title since I'm terrible at ranking things).
1) Bicycle Race by Queen
2) Demons by Imagine Dragons
3) Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult
4) HandClap by Fitz and the Tantrums
5) Heartbeat Song by Kelly Clarkson
6) Intergalactic by Beastie Boys
7) Magic by Mystery Skulls
8) Pompeii by Bastille
9) Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
10) She Wants Me Dead by Cazzette
11) Yellow Submarine by The Beatles
(I have to butt in here. I'm having too much fun picturing those kiddos rocking out to Beastie Boys. <3 Also, "Radioactive" is one of my all-time favs.)




And since the kids don't get to pick all the music, check out these songs by many of the same artists.
12) Bad Blood by Bastille
13) Burn It Down by Fitz and the Tantrums
14) Butterflies & Hurricanes by Muse
15) Gold by Imagine Dragons
16) Money by Mystery Skulls
17) Nothing Left to Say by Imagine Dragons
18) Out of My League by Fitz and the Tantrums
19) Piece By Piece by Kelly Clarkson
20) Undisclosed Desires by Muse
Enjoy the music and have a great summer!

I legit love this playlist. There are so many songs I listen to all the time but I've also discovered a few that will be added to my iTunes library. Thanks, Rachel!

No comments:

Post a Comment