Thursday 4 April 2019

Book Review: First Rhyme Mom: A poetic journey through pregnancy and early motherhood. by Leanne Stoneley

First Rhyme Mom is an emotional roller coaster ride through pregnancy, landing with a splash in the crazy pool of motherhood. I'm not a mom myself (I like to keep all my toys to myself, thanks! Lol.) so I won't pretend I can identify with all the sentiments but I certainly enjoyed the poems. (And, yes, they do rhyme, which makes me happy.)

Gotta say, though, some of them sure did put the fear of parenthood in me. *shudder* The word "goo" keeps haunting me...

Jokes aside, First Rhyme Mom has a whimsical tone reminiscent of Erma Bombeck, with an easy cadence that makes the poems fun to read out loud. (Go on, try it.) Some will make you laugh out loud, while others like "To My Mommy" will give your heart a good, hard squeeze.

The only problem I found with this collection of poems is that there aren't enough of them. I hope we can expect more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment