Tuesday 2 April 2019

Book Review: Nocturnal by Wilder Poetry

Nocturnal (available on Kindle Unlimited) is visually stunning. The artwork is evocative of a kind of quiet torment warring with throat-clogging hope that the collected poems fall a mile short of embodying.

While the book is impressive to look at, the poetry itself is reminiscent of the kind of angsty ramblings a teenager might scribble furiously after being dumped (but then immediately hide under their bed.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a poet myself so it might be unfair of me to judge so harshly. I do, however, love the taste of poetry and have a firm grasp of figurative language - something the author, sadly, does not.

That being said, Nocturnal really is pretty to look at and would make a nice coffee table book.

No comments:

Post a Comment