Thursday 2 June 2011

May 2011 Reads

Blogging my monthly reads? Why not?



Hey! These look good... Can I read them too?


It's not ALL the books I read in May because I didn't decide to do this until the last week of the month and some of them found their ways back to the library or to new homes. The full list is:

1. The Summoning, (Darkest Powers, Book 1), Kelley Armstrong
2. Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker Book 1), Jenna Black
3. Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, Book 1), C. C. Hunter
4. The Gathering (Darkness Rising, Book 1), Kelley Armstrong
5. Goddess of Light (Goddess Summoning, Book 3), P.C. Cast
6. Captivate (Need, Book 2), Carrie Jones
7. Shaddowspell (Faeriewalker Book 2), Jenna Black
8. A Kiss in Time, Alex Flinn
9. Prince Of Air And Darkness (Silhouette Shadows, #26), Jeanne Rose
10. Pawn of Prophecy (The Belgariad Book 1), David Eddings
11. Queen of Sorcery (The Belgariad Book 2), David Eddings
12. Magician's Gambit (The Belgariad Book 3), David Eddings

The Belgariad makes for a nice change. I haven't read the series in a long, long time but I had fond memories of it. Coming back to it now felt like bumping into an old friend on the street. It's pure scifi/fantasy but I'd recommend it to anyone.

There are several here which are parts of new series which really sucks because I enjoyed them all... And now I have to wait for the next ones to be published! Sucko. Lol.

I got the idea from this blog. I think I'll try to stick with it.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, The Belgariad...it has been far too long. I cannot wait to get my books out of storage!

    This is a great idea; maybe I can add it to my blog regime as well after I am a little less busy (and have more time to read)! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much The Belgariad still makes me laugh. :D I *heart* Silk. Did you know David Eddings died in 2009? I Didn't realize. :(

    Did you ever read The Mallorean series? I can't remember if I did or not...

    It's a good idea, isn't it? I got the idea from pinterest! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did hear David Eddings died; his wife had died just a few years earlier. It's sad. I didn't get into his newest series, The Dreamers, like I did his earlier works.

    I believe you read The Mallorean, The Elenium and The Tamuli series. I may be mistaken.

    I am happy to see you blogging regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. I thought, well, if Jess has time to do it and she's job hunting, house hunting and planning a wedding, I have no bloody excuse. Lol.

    I only ever read the Mallorean, actually. I'm trying to get ahold of them from the library so I can read it again.

    I couldn't believe how old the books were. Just goes to show you - truly awesome writing never ages. :)

    ReplyDelete