I've entered oh, I dunno, a couple dozen writing competitions over the years. (Far fewer than I should have, no doubt.) This was the nicest response I've ever had from one:
It's such a little thing but it makes a huge difference. How you treat the ''winner'' isn't as important as how you treat the ''losers''.
Thanks, Aesthetica, for being awesome.
Wednesday, 25 November 2015
Sunday, 1 November 2015
Here's my bucket list for this winter:
- Bake cookies.
Make/eat gingerbread men/women. Make homemade gifts. Put up a Christmas/Yule tree.
- Buy a special new ornament for the tree.
Wrap presents. Stuff stockings.
- Blog about Yule.
- Write a Christmas/Yule story.
- Write a letter to Santa.
Listen to holiday music.
- Make a list of the best holiday music.
Watch holiday films.
- Make a list of the best holiday films.
Make out Christmas/Yule cards. Have a kick ass Thanksgiving dinner.
- Make a list of things I'm grateful for.
- Write a poem for the people I'm grateful for.
- Tell the important people in my life I'm grateful for them.
- Donate to the needy/homeless.
- Make scarves and tie them to trees.
- Make warm woolie hats.
- Crochet warm blankets.
- See snow.
- Make paper snowflakes.
- Take a winter walk.
Have hot chocolate.
- Have eggnog.
Spend a day snuggling under the blankets. Spend a day in footy pyjamas.
- Have a winter photo shoot.
- Photograph random Christmas/Yule stuff.
- Take a holiday photo together.
Make an advent calendar. Wear a silly Christmas sweater. Eat candy canes.
- Make a snowman.
- Make a gingerbread house.
- Get a pair of warm slippers.
Hit my reading goal for the year.
- Make a popcorn garland.
Feed the hungry birds/animals.
- Have/go to a Christmas party.