Tuesday 29 March 2016

Not Cool, Man.

One of my cosplay friends tagged me in a photo, because they knew I'm always on the lookout for photos of Jay as Beast. I was a bit... surprised when I saw the picture.


What the-

THAT'S MY GODDAMN PHOTO. 

Needless to say, I was not impressed to see that someone - supposedly a photographer, of all things - was using my photo, without acknowledgement, or permission. Not cool, man. Not cool.

I tried to be an adult about it  I did. This is the message that I posted to the douchebag:


And here's my original photo: 


The fact that my intellectual property was violated upset Jay. He even told me that he has second thoughts about cosplaying, if this is going to be the result. 

The photo did get taken down - but, when I checked later, I found ANOTHER violation. This one isn't mine, but is of Jay.


My head went pffffztPOP when I saw it. How many photos that this supposed photographer has posted are actually his? Very few, if any, I would guess. 

This time, I didn't do as good a job at holding my tongue:


I decided not to report the copyright violation because it wasn't my photo but I did warn him what would happen if I saw anything like it again.


Come on, guys. What the fuck? Jay is happy to stop and pose for photos a million times a con, if you ask him. Take your own damned photos and stop taking other people's!


No comments:

Post a Comment