Wednesday 6 September 2017

Guest Post: Hello, September!

Happy fall! It's September, so you know what that means? Cozy knitting projects, comfort food, and pumpkin EVERYTHING! It's my favorite time of year, and I've been working on some things over at Twisted Stitches to bring in the season. My favorite thing is my science officer scarf.


It's mixed three of my favorite things into one: Star Trek, cozy scarves, and knitting.

This pattern is pretty basic. It's a simple knit two, purl two ribbing. Cast on an even number of stitches (this one is 46 sts with a worsted weight yarn on size 10 US needles), and knit two purl two.

Just an FYI: with 46 stitches, I have to alternate rows. For example, row 1 is knit two, purl two, and row two is purl two, knit two. If you want it to be completely mindless, and knit two, purl two every row, then cast on 44 stitches, and then you can knit two, purl two 'til the cows come home.

With this size yarn, and the amount of stitches I cast on, you'll be knitting for a while. (I started in the beginning of August, but haven't been consistant with my knitting...basically, I've maybe worked a grand total of one hour on it. It would probably be done by now if I were more disciplined!)

If you get easily distracted, or tend to like fast projects, you can use a larger yarn with larger needles. My friend used a bulky yarn with larger needles, and cast on 24 stitches, and in the half hour we knit together, she had finished half her scarf!


Happy knitting!



Guest Blogger

This post was brought to you by Drew of Twisted Stitches.

I am a thirty something single woman
striving to simplify my life.


Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment