Friday 14 September 2012

2012 Reading Challenge

Here's a quick little response to a post from Jessica over at a shimmering star who shared her 2012 Reading Challenge with us. She's blowing it away! (And she'd better - she's, like, a librarian!)

How am I doing with my challenge? Well...

Every year I take part in the 50 Book Challenge on shelfari. This year, I set myself a higher goal: 80 Books. With three and a half months left, where am I? 58/80 Not bad, I guess, but not good for an English Language and Literature major either!

So I have 22 more books to go! Better get off this computer and get reading...

(Since we're on the subject... Today I'm reading The Hidden by Jessica Verday.)

5 comments:

  1. My title a Library Aid II (LAII), I am known as a "tech," believe it or not. ;)

    You have *plenty* of time to reach your goal. Throw a few short books in there and you'll advance in no time.

    By the way, have you read "Beastly" by Alex Flinn? It's Beauty and the Beast set in modern NYC, and it is told from the beast's point of view. Not perfect, but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ♥ Beastly. :) It's sweet. Alex Flinn does some great stuff. (The movie borders on dreadful.)

    You're a LAII? That's awesome. (And I'm giggling like a highschooler.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised by her story. I am going to get some more of her work after I finish some other books.

      Delete
  3. So... If you become a LAII does that mean that you got LAIIed? :D

    ReplyDelete