Friday 21 September 2012

Blog Swap!

Today is the first monthly (hopefully) Blog Swap with Jessica from a shimmering star.

Jessica and I go WAY back... (Oh, those long days at band camp! Lol.) And even a great big ocean couldn't keep us apart. 

You know that old saying "like chalk and cheese?" Well... That's us. You couldn't get two people who are more different: Jess is a beer snob while I'm a rumaholic, she likes indie music while I enjoy music I can scream to, she's a  Christian while I'm a Wiccan - but we're exactly the same in so many other ways that, twenty years after we first met, she's still one of my best friends in the whole world.

(I can say that because I'm an International Wondra.) 

When I asked Jessica if she would be willing to do a guest blog post here at Wondra's World, the answer was an emphatic "Yes!" and I'm SO glad she agreed because it's been a lot of fun writing for each other. 

So... Without further ado... Here is our first guest blog post from Jessica: 

Autumn 
by Jessica at a shimmering star

Autumn in Michigan is magical. Perhaps it's because our summers are hot, humid, and intense. As a summer baby I don't mind this, but if I have to pick another season to love it is fall.

It sneaks in with a sudden coolness. The days turns brisk and call for cardigans.
 
Farmer's markets fill with summer's bounty. Squash and corn pile on the shelves. Hearty soup, pumpkin pie, and apple cider become staples. 
 
Trees change into majestic pillars of orange, red, brown, and gold. Branches become barren as the wind carries the leaves to the ground. Children rake them into giant piles to cushion their leaping forms.
 
Fall nights are perfect for huddling with friends around bonfires. Laughter and stories come easy as hoodies, throws, and warm drinks stave off the cold.

It is easy to love fall.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you suggested a blog swap. It was a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete