Tuesday 18 September 2012

Sweater Hat DIY

I found this in my stash box this week:


It's a toddler's sweater that I got from a car boot sale AGES ago. I bought it with the intention of making it into a purse but then I saw it again and thought "Hat!" and so...


Cut, cut, snip, snip...


Eeep! :) I was so happy with the result. Happy but... Something was missing. "What was missing?" I hear you ask. This:


POM! Every hat is better with a pom, right? 

I'm loving this so much. It could have been a bit neater but it looks good. 

2 comments:

  1. It looks like the perfect fall hat. Thanks for the DIY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about doing a tutorial but... There's not really much to do! I know I have some old sweaters that don't fit around here somewhere so more hats will follow, I think... And I'm DEFINITELY making mittens from a sweater!

      Delete