Thursday 22 August 2013

Butterscotch Infused Vodka

On the way home from work a few days ago, Jay laughingly told me about how one of his friends used Werther's Originals to make butterscotch infused vodka. Naturally I made him turn the car around and go to the store to buy some!

 

The idea is to empty a bottle of vodka into a pitcher and add a big bag of Werther's... wait for them to dissolve and you end up with tasty butterscotch infused vodka. The only vodka I had in the house was Crystal Head Vodka and that's just too damned good to waste on an experiment so I used a small bag of Werther's and 1 cup of vodka.


You're suppose to drop the candies in whole but I'm a bit on the impatient side and I just happened to have a mortar and pestle handy so...


Crushed, it took the candies overnight to dissolve and - whoa! What a result! This stuff is great!



It tastes just like Werther's Originals. I don't know if this works on any butterscotch candies or just Werther's... if you've tried it with any others, let me know!

Alone, it's awesome. I tried mixing it with some apple cider I'd made that day and I wasn't very happy with the result. The flavor of each was diluted instead of enhanced - I don't recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment