Tuesday 27 August 2013

Crafts and Crafting: Mod Podge Letters

This is a project that I've been wanting to try for ages and, as it happened, Jessica from a Shimmering Star had a birthday coming up. Perfect opportunity!


Mod Podge has to be, without a doubt, one of my essential craft supplies; it's so versatile! I decided to use it for this project (instead of making paper mache paste) because I wanted the printed pages (taken from an old Edith Blyton book) to be clearly visible.

The only bit I had a little bit of a problem with was the scrapbook paper on the front, which I was afraid of putting too much Mod Podge over, lest it bubble. Does anyone have any good tips, to keep paper from bubbling when applying Mod Podge?

Of course, cutting out the letters required the use of an Exacto-blade which frightened my husband half to death. Why people worry about me and sharp objects is a mystery...

No comments:

Post a Comment