Friday 8 June 2018

Guest Spot: Lee's High-Octane Summer Playlist

Are you sitting down? Well, get your butts up and get ready to move because Lee's here to share his High-Octane Summer Playlist.


I started writing this post quite early in the morning (yay, insomnia) and I had to turn my speakers way down when I listened to this list or risk waking all my (elderly) neighbours. 😁

Ready for this one?
1. Ghost B.C., "Monstrance Clock"
2. Type O Negative, "Black No.1"
3. Danzig, "I'm the One"
4. Motörhead, "God Was Never on Your Side"
5. The Headcat, "Big River"
6. Nashville Pussy, "High as Hell"
7. Supersuckers, "Evil Powers of Rock and Roll"
8. Volbeat, "Doc Holiday"
9. Body Count, "Momma's Gotta Die Tonight"
10. Suicidal Tendencies, "I Saw Your Mommy"
11. Ramones, "Beat on the Brat"
12. Slipknot, "Left Behind"
13. Cranberries, "Zombie"
14. Smashing, Pumpkins, "Bullet with Butterfly Wings"
15. The Damned, "Dead Beat Dance"
16. Lordi, "Would You Love a Monsterman"
17. Death, "The Philosopher"
18. The Beatles, "Maxwell's Silver Hammer"
19. Chuck Berry, "No Particular Place to Go"
20. Louis Armstrong, "What a Wonderful World"
Here's what Lee has to say about his list: This is my list of high-octane metal, mixed with some slow-burn (otherwise you would burn out,) ending with a cool down song.


I was surprised to see bands like The Cranberries alongside bands like Slipknot -- but, knowing Lee, I really shouldn't have been! 🤣 I was also happy to see The Damned on this list because, well, you know we love The Damned here at Castle Vanian. 

This playlist has great pacing! It builds up hot, then eases it right down as it reaches the end. There's a little something for everyone here, too. Seriously. This is a widely varied playlist. Let us know what you think and thanks to Lee for sharing it with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment