Sunday 6 January 2013

A Song for Sunday: Twenty One Pilots - Holding On To You

Here we are, week two of A Song For Sunday. This week my favourite song has been Holding on to You by Twenty One Pilots.



Wow. What a beautiful video. The imagery is just fantastic - and a little dark (which you know appeals to me.)

I didn't even bother running this one past my husband. He refuses to acknowledge rap as legitimate music, even rap as lyrical as this. But, never mind him... This one is just for you and me.

My favourite part of this song is the words themselves. Take this, for example:

Fight it, take the pain, ignite it
Tie a noose around your mind
Loose enough to breath fine and tie it
To a tree tell it,
You belong to me, this ain't a noose
This is a leash and I have news for you
You must obey me! 

 Anyone who has ever suffered any kind of mental illness - or even just been consumed by a particular thought - should feel the power behind those words. (Again, beautiful imagery.)

No comments:

Post a Comment